BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 13, 2010

age:3
It was a hot sunny day in California as it always was. We lived in an old run down trailer park where we were all sardined in so tight. There was plus side to living in a place with so many other people, there we plenty of friends to play with. The day was only getting hotter by the minute so we were definitely in the need for a swim in our community pool (a blue plastic baby pool). We got the pool all cleaned and ready for the water and I started filling her up. Oh how excited my sister and the other girls were to get in and cool down. The water always seems to fill up so darn slow when you are just standing there watching it, but finally it was full. I backed up, put the hose down, and was the first to step into the cool refreshing water, when to my surprise all the girls started to scream. I looked down into the pool and saw that the water was quickly tuning bright red before my eyes. In all the excitement of getting into the pool I hadn't realized I had stepped on the base of an old broken coke bottle. We should of known better then to set up there considering it was were all the boys would bust their bottles against the wall, but the main building was the only place where there was a faucet and hose. The bottle went straight through the center of my foot and came right out. When it hit me what had just happened I started to scream and cry. My sister went and got my parents who were thankfully home, which was rare. My father strapped a belt to my leg as tight as he could and asked to borrow a neighbors vehicle. My parents and my sister all loaded in the big blue van with me on my mothers lap in the front seat with my leg hanging out the window. My father drove as fast as he could to get to the clinic but of course there was traffic along the way which made my father so very angry. He was blowing that horn, giving the finger and using quite a few choice words to try to get people to let us pass. Even though my father had tried to cut off the blood circulation in my leg with the belt the blood just never seemed to stop it was literally spewing out uncontrollably. We finally arrived at the clinic, I was laid upon a dirty table and the doctor asked if we had insurance but of course we had none so he said he would stitch me up the cheapest way he could. By this point I was feeling pretty weak from the blood loss that I was just lying there, but when that doctor stuck the stitching needle into the bottom of my foot I was definitely awakened. The doctor asked that everyone try to hold me down and keep me as still a possible while he sewed up the wound. Im not sure how clean that needle was or if the doctor was really a doctor but I will never forget how painful it was.